First of all, much thanks to Andrea’s Travels for nominating me for the Liebster Award which is a recognition given to bloggers by other bloggers. Upon acceptance, you must then pass it on to other bloggers to continue sharing the love and discovering new blogs. So please, do not break it! Read the rules below if you made it to the “nominees roll”!
- Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you
- Create a post on your blog, displaying the Liebster Award Logo
- Answer 11 questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you
- Provide rules/instructions for accepting the award
- Nominate 5-11 new favorite bloggers for the Liebster Award
- Come up with a list of 11 new questions for your nominees
- Notify the nominees
- Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominators Liebster Award Post
Q&A with Andrea:
Why did you decide to start a blog?
Apart from what I mentioned in my About Me page, one of the main reasons why I started this blog was to finally build a constantly updated resource for first-time, seasonal and experienced travelers – especially Filipinos – that is reliable and unfeigned. Like I get asked about visa requirements for different countries and purposes by friends and strangers a lot which made me think, “Hey, maybe I should put it all together so other people can benefit from it as well?”. Plus, I will avoid repeating myself to each and everyone who wants to know the same thing. I think that’s a pretty good reason to start a blog and give it a purpose – to help others and feel good about it.
What is the main focus of your blog?
Travel and life as it happens. Here’s an excerpt from my About page “Although my main focus is travel and lifestyle, I will surely use this blog as an outlet to share my experiences (and attempts) in learning to blend in like a local in my adopted country, adapting to married life, boosting productivity, fighting boredom and homesickness, and leaping over roadblocks.”
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
You get to write what you are truly passionate about and build a community around it with like-minded individuals who are genuinely appreciative and supportive of each other because they know how much time and heart you put into creating content just so people can maybe pick one or two useful tips or valuable lessons from it.
What is your favorite city that you have traveled to? and why?
Probably Honolulu because why not? Who wouldn’t love a city with island vibes all year long, tropical weather, diverse culture and plenty of activities to do? Also, it has a direct flight to the Philippines, my home country, and relatively close to the US mainland’s west coast where some of my other favorite cities are.
Would you move to your favorite city if you could? why or why not?
Hell yes, in a heartbeat – because I love it there! Need I say more?
Which country that you have traveled to has the best food you have ever eaten?
Hmm, always tough to just pick one! But okay, I’d say Spain! Authentic Spanish paella is just heaven! And I can live off of tapas for days on end!
What are the top 3 hotels that you have stayed in while traveling?
How about resorts? That would be Shangri La chain of hotels everywhere, Misibis Bay in Albay, PH and Tropicana in Las Vegas, NV.
What is your favorite travel gadget?
My iPhone – I’ve got almost everything that I need in there! I used to like bringing my DSLR everywhere, but it can be quite a pain sometimes to lug it around. So, I’m sticking to a smartphone.
What is the most beautiful thing that you saw while traveling? (can be nature, historic monuments, etc) Definitely, the one and only majestic Grand Canyon.
Why do you travel?
I travel for the love of travel – to learn about my boundaries or prove that there aren’t any boundaries, to discover what makes this world truly beautiful, to meet people who came from different cultures and have different beliefs than I do and to have wonderful memories to take home with me and share with others.
What do you miss the most while being away from home during your travels?
Besides my family and friends, it’s definitely the beach trips and Filipino food when I was still in the Philippines. Now in Germany, I would often miss our bed. Nothing like coming back home to your own bed after days/months on the road!
Now I’d like to spread the love and nominate the following amazing travel bloggers who I think will be right up your alley!
My Questions for the nominees:
- Who is your travel inspiration? Why?
- What’s the furthest destination (from home) that you traveled to?
- Do you like traveling alone or with a group?
- Have you traveled to a place you couldn’t wait to get out of?
- Can you give one hidden gem (name of the place and where it can be found) you’ve stumbled into that you would like to share?
- What’s the most amazing thing that happened to you while traveling?
- How about the scariest thing?
- Can you name a city or country you always find yourself coming back to?
- What were/are your travel misconceptions which you have proven wrong – if there are any?
- Are you more of a sea or mountain person?
- What’s on the top of your bucket list that you haven’t done yet?